- Rehearsals We rehearse Thursday evenings (7:30 to 9:30) at the Linwood Center, 3421 Martha Bush Drive, Ellicott City, Maryland 21043, from September through June. We do not rehearse on holidays or on days when Howard County schools are closed due to inclement weather or other emergencies. We generally meet a few times in the summer to socialize and sing.
- Learning the Music Don’t stress! You will have ample opportunity to become “performance ready.” Learning resources for each song include sheet music, CDs or online recordings with full performance and part-predominant tracks, small group section training during or before rehearsals and individual help when needed or requested.
- Auditions While not all of our members read music, they are all enthusiastic performers. You DO need to be able to carry a tune, hold your part against others, and match pitches. Prospective members meet with the director before rehearsal if they choose to pursue membership in the chorus. There is no preparation needed and no music or accompaniment has to be brought with you. This process does not need to be repeated as long as active membership is maintained.
- Commitment and Attendance Prior to each weekly rehearsal, the director emails the rehearsal plan to every active member. Attending Thursday rehearsals is the best way to integrate your voice into the STS sound, learn staging and movement plans and the director’s interpretation of the music. Volunteers are welcome and necessary to help with the administrative and musical needs of the chorus.
- Dues STS members pay an initial joining fee and low monthly dues from September through June. This covers your costs for music, learning CDs and other educational materials.
- Costumes Members wear, select and maintain their own costumes adhering to the chorus color scheme. Currently our color scheme is red and black with rhinestone and silver accessories.
- Joining. To ask about joining us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or come visit a Thursday night rehearsal, and meet the group.